Description : Legal Counsel. Company : Novartis Argentina S.A. Location : Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires
1 million is the number of patients that Novartis Worldwide touched in 2018. Have you ever imagined how does your work impacts society and how many lives can you improve through your daily activities?
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- To provide effective legal counsel to assigned business functions or teams within a country / Business Franchise/Business Unit or Corporate function, acting as a legal advisor and business partner, negotiating contracts, managing litigation and providing counselling on substantive area legal issues.
- To act independently in complex legal matters and transactions for example Licensing and Divestment.
- Act as a business partner in all activities relating to the contractual negotiations and company’s statutory obligations by substantiating recommendations and providing legal advice and assistance to the senior legal counsels/Head Legal. Draft basic transactions and contracts independently.
- Advise on, and assists management decision-making regarding, contract and other risks relating to business activities and provides potential solutions therefor.
- Manage disputes and litigation and/or investigations. Manage relationships and monitors the work of outside counsel and legal experts. Manage and support activities regarding compliance issues, such as anti-trust and regulatory.
- Be a partner and liaise with external local councils Participate in the development, recommendation and implementation of legal policies, procedures and guidelines.
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
- Have a Legal Degree or adequate equivalent; Sophisticated Spanish and English skills (written, reading and speaking);
- Have proven experience in the same or similar position with strong legal, legislation and compliance background; it is a plus if this person has experience in litigation and working with regional projects;
- Has a strategic mindset to understood business requirements but also advise them to take the best decision; have experience working with external legal vendors; experience working in multinational companies and with a matrix organization;
- Preferably working before in Pharma companies or with Pharma projects; Regulations & Guidelines for Pharma;
- Has excellent abilities to communicate, influence, persuade and negotiate with different teams and partners; Has high ethic and integrity skills; Looks always for Operational Excellence; Has the ability to seek problems and sophisticated issues; Has excellent teammate skills.
Competitive salary, annual bonus, flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, employee recognition scheme, professional development, learning experiences, diversity & inclusion.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Novartis Argentina S.A
Legal & Intellectual Property & Compliance