Description : Site Reliability Engineer - Infrastructure Developer. Company : JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.. Location : Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires
In Sustained Engineering Network Services (SE-NS), we are seeking a skilled and motivated Site Reliability Engineer who is excited to help lead the team through change. As a Site Reliability Engineer you will work with and coach a team of engineers who follow DevOps and Agile best practices to support production Software in JPMC Network Services Organization. As a lead in this infrastructure focused organization you should possess a solid background in Application Support and be familiar with SRE best practices to provide continuous availability and reliability of network applications. You will also build systems that can increase team's efficiency and success through automation, monitoring and instrumentation.
Operate products. Apply one's full-stack software development expertise on the most critical, and high-visibility products
- Work with your team of engineers engaging in Incident Management, Root Cause Analysis, Change Management and project/ programs to improve key performance metrics.
- Serve as primary point responsible for operations, reliability, availability, maintenance and performance of network applications in high-volume production environment
- Work closely with product development and engineering teams to ensure that applications are designed with "operability" in mind
- Refine application monitoring and fine tune alerts to reduce noise and gain better insights.
- Respond to production issues, triage the problem, and restore service
- Partner with other Engineers across Network Services to achieve reliability outcomes for their services. Define and test disaster recovery plans for a portfolio of applications
- Manage relationships with other key technology teams across the firm, building bridges and creating consensus across a diverse group of stakeholders
- Support knowledge management and knowledge sharing activities.
- Drive modern software development and automation practices and tooling across the team, including the use of SDLC tools and processes (CI/CD, scanning, automated testing products, the use of GIT, etc.)
- Ensure products, solutions and services adhere to compliance standards (RBAC, Control Assessments, Vulnerability Management, and Access Administration)
- Define and improve the release management process on a continual basis at a business and technical level including ensuring engineers and developers are maturing the automation, release, integration and testing aspects of a release
- Specifying and designing non-functional components of software
Highly collaborative, excellent interpersonal skills and able to work with diverse personality types
- Ability to influence at all levels without straight line authority
- Ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing, fluid and dynamic environment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple initiatives and engender calm in the face of chaos
- 3-7 years of experience in supporting Software Infrastructure
- Familiarity with modern software engineering techniques such as Continuous integration, build, deliver, test-driven development and other automated acceptance testing techniques
- Experience with DevOps and working with development teams to deliver enterprise solutions
- Highly organized and experienced in managing multiple tasks under pressure
- Knowledge of SDLC, Agile, and Software engineering processes and tools
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Java or Python, and interaction with APIs (REST, SOAP) a plus
- Knowledge and Experience in Network Management or Network Automation applications/tools a plus
- Knowledge of Networking (TCP/IP Stack/Sockets and UDP Protocols, DNS, Load Balancing) a plus
- Understanding of infrastructure, distributed systems and cloud technologies a plus
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.