Description : Wealth Management CCB Legal Counsel. Company : JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.. Location : Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co ("JPMC") is responsible for providing legal services to the Corporation and is organized by practice groups that generally conform to the Corporation's lines of business ("LOBs") and corporate staff areas, allowing the legal staff to work closely with specific groups on a daily basis. The J.P. Morgan Wealth Management ("JPM WM") Office of General Counsel is a part of the wider Consumer and Community Banking Legal Group and supports the Firm's J.P. Morgan Wealth Management business. The JPM WM Legal team seeks an experienced lawyer to join the team.
The JPM WM Office of General Counsel provides legal support to the Firm's wealth management businesses including Chase Wealth Management, J.P. Morgan Advisors, and the Firm's digital investment offering. The team is responsible for advising the firm's client-facing wealth management business. Such legal support will primarily concern laws within the United States. The successful candidate will support the Firm's Advisors, Sales Management, Operations, and Supervisory teams while working closely with colleagues on the JPM WM legal team, Compliance, Controls and Risk to ensure comprehensive and effective support.
Responsibilities will include handling escalations sent to the JPM WM legal team, completing legal research, and assisting senior team members with a wide range of business requests and regulatory projects. The successful candidate will be organized, attentive to detail, exercise sound decision-making, and escalate issues when appropriate. In addition, the position requires a high level of energy and the ability to thrive in a high-paced, deadline-driven organization, where timely execution of high-quality work product is expected. The responsibilities are:
- Reviewing account documentation, including powers of attorney, non-disclosure agreements, trust agreements, entity documents (e.g. corporate resolutions, by-laws, partnership agreements), court orders, guardianship documents, complex beneficiary changes, estate documentation (e.g., death certificates, wills), and retirement account documents.
- Drafting or editing certain customer facing communications.
- Conducting legal and market research.
- Identifying potential issues and working with senior team members and appropriate business partners to provide solutions.
- Updating account agreements, customer-facing documents, and disclosures, including reviewing legal requirements for new provisions.
- Working on special projects outside of normal responsibilities.
- Seeking bilingual candidates that are fluent in written and spoken English, with excellent English writing and oral communication skills.
- Law degree and membership in jurisdictional organization. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in legal practice.
Excellent legal research skills. Experience with Westlaw or similar services preferred.
- A team player who can collaborate and communicate effectively with attorneys and other business and compliance professionals.
- Strong analytical thinker who is detail-oriented, practical and skilled at issue spotting and problem solving.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently, takes ownership of responsibilities and projects, is results-oriented and flexible.
Ability to multitask and prioritize work in a fast-paced, complex business environment and maintain communication with attorneys regarding project status and estimated completion timelines.
- Competence with the suite of Microsoft Office products.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
- LLM preferred.
- Experience or interest in broker-dealer and investment advisory matters, including financial services regulation and/or financial services litigation.
- Knowledge of U.S. financial service law and process.
- Experience studying or working in a common law jurisdiction.
The location of this position is Buenos Aires, Argentina.J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.