Description : CORP - Product Owner - Associate Legal Documentation Strategy. Company : JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.. Location : Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Legal Department has a number of key operations to meet our obligations to various regulatory oversight and investigative bodies as necessary. This includes obligations to regulatory bodies of legal entities, both domestic and international that regulate our business as well as to civil and criminal investigation authorities or adversarial counsel. Legal is organized by Practice Groups that conform to the organization of the Firm's lines of business and corporate staff areas. Each Practice Group has a General Counsel who is the Practice Group Head and who reports to the Firm's General Counsel.
The Legal Strategic Initiatives team in Legal has been formed to address large scale transformational needs that have firmwide impact for which Legal is the primary or significant stakeholder. Two of the groups formed to assist the firm with addressing these needs include Legal Documentation Strategy and the Office of Legal Obligations.
Documentation is an important area of focus due to external factors such as regulatory oversight and client experience, and internal factors such as efficiency and consistency in our document strategy. The Legal Documentation Strategy team has designed a program to allow attorneys to perform a periodic risk adjusted review of client facing documentation.
The Legal Documentation Strategy team is seeking a product owner who will assist with implementing new documentation review process enhancements and support the Legal Department in documentation related operations. Broadly, this effort will include (a) working with the senior product owner and program teams to carry out a strategic plan for process implementation and technology design, (b) executing program governance, change management/sustainability, (c) working with the development team to define enhancement requirements and interface with stakeholders, and (d) supporting end-users with issues and ad-hoc requests.
This work will involve gathering and organizing data by interacting with members of the Legal Department, Corporate Technology, and colleagues in the LOBs and support functions. The hire will aid in identifying and researching best practices and available tools to improve documentation practices. Due to the dynamic nature of the program, a highly adaptable self-starter with strong skills in project management, data analysis, presentations, and communication will excel in this role.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Manage day-to-day operational aspects of document review workflow technology product
- Deliver timely, fact based information about the progress of key initiatives
- Measure, track and benchmark progress/performance against established standards on an ongoing basis
- Develop clear and concise reports, notes and presentation materials, with actionable recommendations to be shared with senior management and other relevant stakeholders
- Liaise extensively with members across the department and LOB functional teams. Facilitate discussions and activities across functional teams to ensure a coordinated effort
- Facilitate continuous improvement by harvesting lessons learned and identifying reuse opportunities
- Support Senior Product Owner in day-to-day operational and project-based tasks
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 4+ years of experience with software development cycles (especially within an Agile framework)
- Proficient MS PowerPoint and MS Excel is required. MS SharePoint development and Visio / process mapping experience preferred
- Experience with Jira and development cycle planning preferred
- Excellent presentation skills required to provide status and demonstrate product to key audience in a concise, informative and timely manner
- Superior organization skills, strong attention-to-detail, independent, adaptable, self-motivated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills
- Strong analytic and questioning skills and ability to distill large amounts of information into key messages
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and be successful in a fast paced environment
- Experience working within a legal organization or financial services is preferred
- Please provide all submissions in English
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.