Description : Problem Management - RCA Coordinator. Company : JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.. Location : Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires
The CIB Problem Coordinator will be part of the global CIB Service Improvement & Problem Management team within Production Management. The team works with CIB & firmwide partners to review incidents, deep dive problems and develop remediation activities to lower or eliminate risk for recurrence. The team ensures high quality analysis is conducted, that there is overall governance of results, and that achievable stability solutions are developed. The team also ensures Management is aware of existing risks to assist in decision making, and drives lessons learned across the organization.
The Problem Coordinator will work to ensure that the root cause of major service interruptions is found in a timely manner and actions are taken to prevent reoccurrences. The team is responsible for initiating, organizing, and orchestrating investigations that solve the biggest, most complex technical problems causing CIB Production incidents and instability. Delivering root cause analysis at this scale requires our team to interact directly with colleagues across the CIB including senior leaders within Production Management, Application Development, Global Infrastructure teams and other lines of Business.
- Perform root cause analysis (RCA) on major incidents, ensuring root cause and tactical/strategic actions are identified
- Coordinate, convene and facilitate major problem review meetings across regions where needed
- Proactive analysis - Define problem areas and develop strategic efforts across all levels of priority/severity. Apply RCA lessons learned across the technology environment
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to refine operating processes and procedures to deliver and restore service more efficiently
- Ensure the problem records are accurate and progress through the Problem Management process in a timely and prioritized fashion, ensuring compliance with audit and regulatory requirements.
- Manage and maintain information in ServiceNow (Service Management tool)
- Drive firmwide problem management process improvements and improve Service Management alignment with change and incident management processes
- Continually optimize the CIB problem management process
- Identify improvements through automation to reduce toil on existing Service Management tools (e.g., Service Now) to support CIB problem management
- Produce CIB Problem Management metrics & reporting for CIB stakeholders
- Train new Problem Owners on CIB process, common issues and lessons learned
- Partner with Business aligned teams to monitor and improve RCA quality and prevent incident recurrence
- Enforce implementation of known error process in alignment with firmwide and CIB knowledge management strategy (future)
- Minimum of 5 years in a technology based role
- Previous Problem Management experience or ITIL Intermediate Certified (or above)
- Deep analytical skills and strong technical aptitude. Organized and detail-oriented
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills while working with diverse audiences including highly technical IT professionals, developers, and architects
- Ability to build strong relationships with firmwide colleagues through blameless dialog, and focus people in the right direction
- Perseverance and ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly-evolving team environment
- Ability to navigate complexity and create collaborative, cross-functional solutions
- Strong communication, presentation, and relationship management skills
- Able to translate complex issues in an understandable, organized way
- Experience using Service Management tools; ServiceNow preferred
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Team oriented with a positive team player attitude
- Strong Problem Management: Breaks down complex investigations into manageable actions, with the ability to think about all the factors that might affect a situation, and brings energy and commitment needed to drive permanent solutions forward
- Process & Quality: Continually improve Problem Management standards and best practices, driving RCA quality and defining and maintaining appropriate quantitative and qualitative measures to track and improve the effectiveness of the problem management process.
- Technical Expertise & Aptitude: Can quickly understand, analyze and resolve a wide range of thematic issues that may emerge, exuding strong subject matter expertise with other technical experts, impacted parties and Management
- Exceptional Communication Skills: Ability to convey complex messages concisely, to brief Senior Management/stakeholders, effectively influence their decisions and provide assurance they have both broad strategic understanding/foresight and deep understanding of technical details
- Grit: Ability to remain calm, focused, productive and successful under pressure from multiple Senior Managers, impacted parties and aggressive timelines
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.